This thing is a beast! The HBP-1 H Series Tube Bass Preamplifier by James Demeter uses the same all tube front end found in his classic VTBP-201 Bass pre-amplifier and combines it with the revolutionary H Series circuitry found in his professional audio H Series line. This preamplifier provides the best of both the tube and solid state world. It features high voltage (250V) tube front end (providing all of the preamplifier gain and passive tone controls), a two band solid state fully parametric equalizer that is tuned for bass, a fully adjustable active effects loop with controls up front, a tuner output, a full balanced output with switchable mic or line level, both a balanced TRS line level output and an unbalanced line level output for amplifier connections and a mute switch. As with all Demeter equipment, it is meticulously hand-wired using the finest components and assembled in the U.S.A.
- Input impedance: > 1megohm
- Minimum load impedance: 600ohms
- Maximum output: + 24dBV @ 600ohms + 28dB
- Gain: Adjustable to + 10dB Mid 440Hz to 4KHz
- EQ gain : + or - 15dB
- Signal to noise ratio: - 80dB
- THD : .5%
- Frequency response : 10Hz to 40kHz
- Tube: 1-12AX7a selected
- Parametric EQ: Q or width continuously variable Low 40Hz to 440Hz Mid 440Hz to 4.4KHz
- Inputs: 1/4" (passive and active) Outputs: 3-pin balanced mic/line, TT, XLR & 1/4"
- Chassis: Single space rack
- Operating voltage: 115V/230V AC switchable
- Power supply: 250V fully regulated
- Filament: 12.6V fully regulated