The formula for overdrive pedals has been a fairly uniform one over the years. Most follow the basic structure of the classic Ibanez Tubescreamer®, and while this is not a bad way to go, it’s certainly not the only way.
The Sick As Overdrive is a diversion from this well-worn path, taking its basic structure from the Klon Centaur® but with some major improvements for the modern player. The gain control serves a dual purpose— as the gain is increased, the ratio of gain-to-clean tone increases as well. This ensures that when the gain is rolled off, the tone never becomes muddy and unpleasant. You can control the amount of headroom and the character of the drive with the toggle switch. Choose from a more compressed, mid-range focused tone or an open, transparent, rhythm tone. The tone circuit is a powerful, two-band active EQ circuit capable of boosting or cutting the bass and treble frequencies up to 15dB for maximum versatility. The voltage is also boosted internally to 18V for increased clarity and headroom.
- Clean Boost, Overdrive or a blend of the two.
- Dynamic and natural, responsive to your pick attack or volume knob.
- Internally boosted to 18 volts for maximum headroom and clarity.
- Toggle switch controls the amount of headroom and character of the drive.
- Powerful active tonestack, capable of 15dB of boost or cut
- Soft touch buffered bypass switching
- Current Consumption 60mA
Damn, this limited edition baby sounds as creamy as it looks. VERY clean with minimal use. Ships next day with original box!