The Organelle has grown from a ‘device’ to a full-fledged instrument and can keep up with your new musical ideas anywhere you go and anywhere they take you.
- New features liberate the Organelle so it’s ready to go at any time -- just turn it on and play in impromptu music environments.
- It offers an immediate, full-spectrum music-making experience: be playful or intentional in the studio or wherever you find inspiration.
- You’re now free to make music in an easier way.
We are happy to announce four new features to the Organelle!
- Built-in Speaker
- Built-in Microphone
- Battery Power
- MIDI Jacks
We’re also happy to announce the Organelle has been upgraded with a faster processor, twice as much RAM, and an improved web interface for patch management and Link sessions.
In other words, with its new onboard mic, speaker and ‘AA’ battery power:
- Making music with the Organelle is more direct and adaptable to situation/user (less gear needed).
- The Organelle is portable and autonomous.
- The Organelle is a more powerful instrument that also affords more spontaneous/silly opportunities.
The new Organelle replaces the model launched in 2016. We will continue to call it the Organelle. To differentiate from the older model, we have added an M to the name. Here is a comparison of some specifications between the two Organelles:
WHAT ELSE HAS CHANGED SINCE THE ORGANELLE’S INITIAL RELEASE IN 2016?
The Organelle is an open-ended instrument - it can always become something else. One of the things we were excited for in 2016 was what other users would create and share with the Organelle community. We have been consistently impressed by the community’s contributions!
TONS OF PATCH DEVELOPMENT
Take a look at Patch Storage, you can see a steady stream of shared patches! Some patches are straightforward: synths or samplers with a handful of parameters. Other patches offer ‘pages’ of configurable settings and take advantage of the Organelle OLED screen’s graphics library. Whether they are complex or concise, they’re all great! Here are 13 demo videos of fantastic patches.
GROWING CODER BASE
It’s so great to see musicians taking the plunge and coding their own patches for their sonic visions.
PORTING OTHER PLATFORMS AND TECHNOLOGIES
Through user development and sharing, the Organelle can now:
- Run SuperCollider
- Connect with Monome hardware
- Receive Control Voltage (CV) Clock
- Offer ‘remote’ patch development with a VNC client
THE ORAC PATCH
Perhaps the most impressive and fun contribution to the Organelle is the Orac ‘meta’ patch. Orac is a modular system for building up a patch from different functions (sequencers, synths, effects, etc). Patch building is done without needing to code by way of using the Organelle’s existing hardware (keys and encoder). Add and change modules on the fly, save and recall presets - Orac is a whole ‘instrument’ unto itself.
With the Organelle's new features, improvements, and amazing user contributors, we can't wait to hear what comes next!