The Fulltone Tube Tape Echos are killer sounding units.
This one is the cream of the crop, Custom Shop model with all boxes checked and built with care and attention to detail.
The Fulltone Tube Tape Echo is quite literally what would happen if you took a vintage EP-2 Echoplex:
- ran the preamp at over 200 volts
- put better heads on it
- improved the tape transport
- gave it 2 tape speeds
- put better quality tape on it
- installed an intelligent torque (and speed) adjusting DC powered transport motor
- got rid of the hum by running the filaments on 12VDC
- made it stereo
- gave it true bypass
- got rid of the Ep-2's sound-robbing Echo Cancel feature and replaced it with a relay-activated cancel function allowing for any cable length to the footswitch with no degradation to the sound of the repeats
- gave it a separate Instrument and Echo volume control
- and put a tone control on it affecting only the repeats
Boom there ya have it.
This unit is basically brand new. There is VERY minimal use on this machine. It will ship with the the Echo Cancel switch, an additional tape cartridge, and the original box!