Any one of Avantone’s beautiful, Cabernet series mics are more than just a pretty face. On the outside the tuff as nails AV-12 features a precision milled brass hull, woven metal grill, and accents of polished nickel. On the inside, you’ll find top notch design, immaculate construction, and the finest materials. Expect outstanding performance, and faithful reliability.
The CV-12 is a large diaphragm tube-based condenser mic, designed to perform like the world-famous European tube mics of the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. Although the Vacuum tube is virtually obsolete, it remains irreplaceable in the audio world. Avantone’s CV-12 utilizes the vacuum tube circuit and gold sputtered 32mm diaphragm to full potential. All the warmth, clarity, and richly organic sound reproduction capabilities of Avantone’s CV-12 stands as tall or taller as contemporary favorites, or priceless vintage relics for mere dimes on the dollar.
A vocal booth with the unmistakable Cabernet CV-12 is a place any artist can enter with confidence and pride, but the CV-12 can accomplish so much more. With 9 polar patterns to choose from, a-10db pad, and high pass filter, the CK-12 excels on strings, grand piano, drum overhead, and general-purpose open room mic.
Custom “retro” Shockmount, PS-12 Multi-Pattern Power supply, cables, aluminum road case, manual, and premium grade 6072a vacuum tube are all included.
- TYPE: Tube-Type True Condenser Microphone
- CAPSULE: Dual-sided 32mm center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- POLAR PATTERNS: 9 patterns selectable at PS-12 power supply
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- MAXIMUM SPL: 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- EQUIVALENT NOISE LEVEL: <17dB
- S/N RATIO: 78dB
- SENSITIVITY: -35dB
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables
- TUBE TYPE: 6072A (mil-spec). Lower noise than the more common 12AY7
- HIGH-PASS SWITCH: 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- ATTENUATION SWITCH: -10dB Switch
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: Dedicated PS-12 Power Supply w/ selectable 115/230 VAC capability
- FINISH: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
- WEIGHT: .8 kgs / 1.8 lbs.
- DIMENSIONS: 237mm x 46mm / 9.5" x 1.8"
This sweet condenser mic is very lightly used and includes everything you need to get started capturing sweet sounds with it! We'll ensure that it ships safely and swiftly. Feel free to call us with any questions you have about this product!