The Fulltone Tube Tape Echo is quite literally what would happen if you took a vintage EP-2 Echoplex:
- ran the preamp at over 200 volts
- put better heads on it
- improved the tape transport
- gave it 2 tape speeds
- put better quality tape on it
- installed an intelligent torque (and speed) adjusting DC powered transport motor
- got rid of the hum by running the filaments on 12VDC
- made it stereo
- gave it true bypass
- got rid of the Ep-2's sound-robbing Echo Cancel feature and replaced it with a relay-activated cancel function allowing for any cable length to the footswitch with no degradation to the sound of the repeats
- gave it a separate Instrument and Echo volume control
- and put a tone control on it affecting only the repeats
Boom there ya have it.
This thing is super sick. Ditch the pedals who claim to emulate the classic sound and just get yourself the real thing. Once you hear it for yourself you'll never be satisfied with anything less.
This thing shows some signs of love and use, but functions as it should. We'll ship it to you super fast and super safe along with its soft case, IEC, and an extra tape cartridge. Feel free to give us a call with any questions you may have about it!