System - 46 is an analog VCO (voltage controlled oscillator) that tracks the incoming signal’s phase and locks onto it. It then splits the oscillator signal into a dual or single harmonic voice with two distinct channels.
System - 46 is comprised of:
- An analog VCO with a single harmonic voice or dual harmonic voices, split into two channels with mix controls and extensive control over the synth parameters
- Dual amplification stages for each harmonic voice path
- Two separate waveshapers, with LDR (light dependent resistor) control and custom spotlight attachment
- Hyper - ringmodulator (alternate modulation) with modulation phase modes
- Pulser (primitive tremolo)
- System stability control for full system function or full system destruction
Disconnect function to cut the input signal and use the system - 46 as a full out chaos synth on it’s own
- Powered with a standard (-9v) boss, one spot, adapter
- Reverse polarity circuit protection
- Enclosure size: 7'' l x 7'' w x 2'' d
There is an infinite amount of sounds in this machine and it goes far beyond the original 4046-m.