The Throttle Box EQ Pedal from Mesa/Boogie combines the enhanced tone shaping power of the popular Boogie Five-Band Graphic Equalizer with footswitchable HI/LO performances Modes and easy "Top Panel" access to the previously internal Boost feature of the original Throttle Box. The middle range of the Gain control delivers tight, stinging overdrive that covers anything from blues to modern metal with plenty of attitude. Cranking it into the upper one-third of the Gain control in HI unleashes a blistering tone with searing high-end harmonics. Like the original, this expanded Throttle Box includes two Modes, but on this version they're controlled by a HI/LO footswitch that provides two Gain regions to choose from during live performance. There are also HI level and LO level output controls, allowing the desired volume level for each gain mode to be set individually. Additionally, a boost switch, initially hidden under the bottom plate on the original Throttle Box, now appears as an easily accessible top panel boost switch for extra girth and a bit of gain enhancement when your sound needs a little extra push.
- True Bypass On/Off footswitch bypasses all circuitry when off to ensure no tonal loss
- HI/LO footswitch provides instant access between HI and LO (gain) modes for greater musical versatility
- Gain Control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of classic to modern high-gain
- Tone Control balances the amount of high frequencies
- Mid-Cut Control provides powerful mid-scoop for modern high-gain styles
- Boost Switch provides an enhanced EQ-voicing with more and lower bottom end, sweet tailored mids and crisp, shimmering highs
- Independent HI & LO Mode Master Level controls
- On/Off Status LED with Dual Color LED’s to indicate the active Mode (LO = Yellow / HI = Red)
- 9V Battery Powered or Externally Powered (optional) via External Power Supply input jack
This super versatile dirt box is very lightly used and ships safely and swiftly in its original box! Feel free to call us with any questions you have about this pedal.