Straight outta the 70s the TEAC A-4070G is a 2 channel, 4 track tape deck capable of both bi-directional recording and playback. It employs a three motor mechanism, with auto reverse in either direction, automatic repeat and continuous play capability. Housed a gorgeous, retro-looking walnut casing, it's a great vintage piece of recording hardware that care marry up with your modern recording studio for some vibey, vintage tape mojo.
Here's more specs for the audio nerds among us:
- Heads: 2 x erase/record, 2 x playback
- Motor: 2 x reel, 1 x capstan
- Equalization: NAB
- Tape speeds: 3 3⁄4 7 1⁄2 ips
- Wow and flutter: 0.06% (7 1⁄2 ips)
- Frequency response: 30Hz to 20kHz (7 1⁄2 ips)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 48dB
- Crosstalk: 35dB
- Input: 100mV (line), 0.3mV (mic)
- Semiconductors: 32 x transistors, 16 x diodes
This machine has got it where it counts and it has been amazingly maintained. No tape is included but techs here at EMS have tested this bad boy a good testing and run it through its paces. It's ready for your rig and we'll ship it out, securely packed, the next day.